Friday, March 1, 2013

Headed to Baranco Camp


Good Morning!

Did not sleep well after our"lost in the dark" evening but rested and ready for an amzing and Looong hike to Baranco camp! Every day has been a "Gift" unwrapping it has been so exciting!
Our devotion for the day was so appropriate!
JUST ENOUGH...
Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all things shall be added unto you.
Math 6:33

Ok...up at 5:00 to prepare....I have to say stuffing a sleeping bag in to a stuff bag is excersise in its self:-)
(thanks Rob for the bag!) I'm not complaining(sort of) it has kept me very warm!
We get our bags packed for the porters to carry for us....and I think i have worked hard stuffing!! They are the most amazing guys..can't share that enough!
Andrew always gives us the itinerary and wants us to be up and ready early so we can be first on trail...they had no idea they are hiking with me, up early and ready to GO....
So Kristi and I are always waiting for them:)
Breakfast, and health check.

We get on the trail with Justo...Pole-Pole...we are beginning to hear these words in our sleep!! It means slowly-slowly! This has been hard(painful) for me, those of you who know me as a hiker know what I am talking about...
Ok the morning is spectacular, we dressed very warm, and 15 into the hike we are shedding clothes.
We are headed for Lava Cliffs today, it will be on of our highest points, over 15k ft!! I'm SO excited!
As we hiked today the weather changes dramatically, we shedded clothes, then the clouds rolled in and we added clothes, even though in some of these photos I look like a "hot" mess, I'm so glad I brought all I did.
I get cold easy...
We make it to Lava Cliff...STUNNING!!! Clouds are low, but then open up, spectacular view of Kili!!!
My heart is racing, I can SEE myself on the summit! We take lots of photos, have lunch, and then on to Baranco camp...
It has been fun to get to know Andrew and Justo, they are terrific guys, and guides! I realize how blessed my life is...I have SO much! This trip is beginning to change me from the inside out...it's truly becoming a "Life Journey"!




WOW I'm over 15 thousand feet for the first time in my life!!
The story continues one step at a time to the Summit!!

Marcy


No comments:

Post a Comment