Sunday, March 10, 2013

More thoughts from the Top!

No other words....Thankful and Grateful, this was the devotion my sister read on summit day...this is not a coincidence.. I think it's a Godcidence!!

... I am all about you, to bless and restore. Breathe Me in with each breath. The way just ahead of you is very steep. Slow down and cling tightly to My hand. I am teaching you a difficult lesson, learned only by hardship.

Lift up empty hands of faith to receive My precious Presence. Light, Life, Joy, and Peace flow freely through this gift. When your focus turns away from Me, you grasp for other things. You drop the glowing gift of My Presence as you reach for lifeless ashes. Return to Me; regain My Presence.

We had been trying for the last 7 days to get some kind of communication with family, when I got down from the summit 4 texts also came thru, nothing else came in or out except people who love me came thru!!!

As I have shared I took many things from home to summit with me. My home and community mean so much I wanted to share this experience! We also prepared "Weapons of Rebellion" things in my life that hinder my progress forward, or at least put a road block in the way of my journey....I worked on my rebellion from October until now...I wrote them down on index cards so I could bury them up there, because of time, and excitement that did'nt happen. So I'm making a concious effort to bury them now!
Mount Kilimanjaro or Uhuru is it's true name...it means "Freedom", Tanzania was liberated in 1961, the people became free!
While I was on the Top, I thought of my Dad, Mom, Doug, Deanne, and Mike...and most of all my son Michael!




I can remember my thoughts so well...I hope Michael is proud of me! I know it sounds crazy but I could "feel" the love and support of my family and friends it was almost physical!

20 minutes or so go by up there and Andrew is anxious to get me down...I look Long and hard to remember in my minds eye the Miracle of His creation! I also want to remember the Victory! We begin the descend....It's so much easier because first the sun is out, even though it's windy and cold it's bearable:)

The story continues one step at a time from the Top!!

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment