Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last day on the Mountain!

Good Morning everyone!

Up at 5:45 Headed to Mweka gate to sign out today! 5.6 miles to go...
Our last breakfast, porage, pancakes, omlets....I really can not eat one bite:( I'm ready for a piece of toast!
The crew sings to us, I loved this part. After 7 days we have a connection...I will miss them!
On the trail by 8:30, very muddy and slippery trail this morning.
Both of us feeling pretty good.
We gather up what we don'y want to take home, get tips for crew together...I WISH I had more to give!
Care packages will be on there way to Africa:)
We head out, I FINALLY get to break away and hike at my pace...Ilove it! Faustin hikes with me, and it is a Joy getting to know him!
It's a beautiful day, and again mixed emotions. That Hot showers is going to feel good, though!
Arrive at Mweka gate at 10:45, we all sign out at the ranger station...Andrew gets my certicicate!
We are bombarded by African men selling all kinds of trinkets...It's so hard to say NO to them.
We go for another "van" ride with 11 men:) Remember 12 of us have not showered in 7 days, sorry for the graphics!
Make it to Bristol cottages at 11:28...Time for Good Byes...My heart is breaking. I make them get out of the van for hugs! God brings people into and out of your lives for a reason!


We are so anxious to communicate with our families...so Andrew gives us an hour to clean up and will be back to take us to the office to email...

The story continues on step at a time From the top!!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment