Monday, March 18, 2013

Mweka camp

We make it to Upper Mweka camp, and I think I'm there....But we just keep going. I hate to be that person who says when are we going to get!! But at this point I'm beyond tired!
I know Kristi is not well either so we are a pair:)
I try to enjoy whats around me, and think about the Summit. Just to pass the time....Andrew keeps wanting to stop and take a rest, but I just want to GO, and get to camp!
We encounter some german hikers that are very rude towards our guys, It really set me off, so thats probably what got me the last mile or so:)

We FINALLY make Mweka camp, it's rainy and muddy, I'm so glad we have had dry great weather our whole trip. We sign in to the ranger station...guess who is right in front of us, yes the german men....I held my tongue:)
We find our camp, and I finally get to do some cleaan up. I don't think I have ever been so dirty, and sweaty! We are almost out of wet wipes....
It felt amazing to take my boots off! We head for the Out house, oh my I keep saying each is bad, but again this one is aweful!! We decide to find tree's again:)

The guys want us to to stay up and visit....we weren't very sociable. Our dinner was soup, panckes, and rice with a  stew....I just can't bring myself to eat it at all! I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat one of their pancakes again??
Our health check is good, but both of us are empty, so off to our homesweet tent!


The story continues one step at a time From the top!!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment