Monday, March 25, 2013

Safari new experience!

Good Morning!!

I have been SO encouraged by all of your comments to my blog and trip...you don't realize the connection we all have!
Kristi and I rested, did laundry and read for the rest of the day....Up Saturday morn early and our Safari guide Frank picked us up at 8:30.( by laundry I mean we hand washed, and put our clothes in the sun)
I did great the whole time on the mountain, but I think the water has finally gotten to me...:( I try some taost and tea, we'll see?
We head out for some shopping in Arusha, a larger city about 40 miles away. The ride was again scarier than I can discribe...but we make it! We get to a large grocery store so we can get some snacks, for me the only thing that sounded good was Coke:)
We also had to look for batteries for Kristi's camera, it was a job in it's self..
Went to a hiking store to get Andrew a new backback, we thought it would be easier than tryin to mail from home...we were right!
Finally on the road to Lake Maynara. We stop at a tourist attraction, I always have to buy my grad daughter Callae some jewelery from every country..so she got a silver elephant bracelet!
Still not feelin good so no lunch for me:( it is nothing like the mountain, very hot and humid down here...
As soon as we reach Maynara, our first animal is a baboon, and family:) Basically on a safari you just ride around in an open top jeep and look for animals.
More animals and some beautiful scenery. We saw giraffe, Zebra,Elepants, Impala, again fun to experience but a bit anticlimatic:-)
Boxed lunches are served, still not eating so we give what we don't eat to the local children, loved that part!




After a full day driving we head to a safari tent lodge where we will stay for two nights...
The story continues one step at a time From the Top!!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment