Saturday, March 16, 2013

Heade to Mweka Camp

Good Morning!

After a LITTLE time resting in the tent, packing and just cleaning up...I was so sweaty, and dirty by now, remember it's been 6 days of no shower! I'm thinking of a HOT shower tomorrow about this time!!
It's still so surreal that I have summited!
The sun is out and wind is down a bit but we get our last looks at Barafu camp. As we leave camp we see a skydiver leave the summit...I did a little research and apparently there were about 70 gliding pilots on the summit...only one made a flight and most of the rest had to be recued they stayed on top to long...thats why the resuers were so busy!
Justo got a photo, again disappointed in myself for not getting the camera out, but a bit empty right now;)
We have about 5 to 6 hours of hiking...
The clouds roll off the mountain and now it really cold again, so we bundle up for the decsent... it;s dry, rubble, and we are not so sure footed, so it is a slow go...POLE-POLE!
Faustin had tried to feed me before we left camp but just coul'nt bring myself to eat the food...He was so excited he made a pasta dish.....with several day old mayo, heated it up and put shredded carrots on it....oh my stomach can hardly write about it now. I smiled big and took about 2 bites, my throat just closed up!!
I didn't want to be rude, just could'nt do it!




Several hours in...we have lost the cool mountain air, starting to get hot and humid...
The story contiues one step at a time From the top!!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment