Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Last day...Moshi town

Our time in Africa is almost over..our last day here.

We are both very apprehensive about going into town on our own, We are safe and secure inside the gates at Bristol. When you don't have a guide, and you don't know the language, and your blonde in a black culture it just did't feel safe:) As we left Mweka rangers station we were inundated with young men trying to sell us things...A man named King James said "no worries I will find you in Moshi town" I didn't really want to be found!
Even though we had the courage to go up a mountain with 10 guys we don't even know?:)
We also have befriended our waiters at the cottage, Jeff, and Dumal. They again were very kind and took very good care.
Our last meal was again Margerhita pizza,,,we tried one more meal of indian food, and it was just so hard to swallow...
We did'nt venture just outside the gate to shop and get a few things to bring home.
We weren't being picked up until 6 p.m.
They have a beautiful courtyard, so we found a nice porch area and settled in...Little did we know our last day would be some what stressful?! We were flying Delta, and I had an app on my phone, that worked at times:) It said our flight was canceled?? So I spent at least an hour on the phone with Delta trying to figure out IF we are going home today...I'm wandering in the back of my mind what are all these international call going to cost??
We talk to at least 3 different people 2 say yes we are going, 1 says not sure...once you have made the decision to get home you are just Ready! So another lesson in TRUST!!
After many walks, cokes, and more food our van arrives! Bryson the owner of the tour company is our driver. One last drive thru Africa...you guessed it we clinched the armrests the whole way!
I took a last video of Kilimanjaro thru the window...thinking will I ever see it again...will I ever see any of the guys again. My heart was torn.
We make it to Kilmanjaro International airport...still not knowing are we flying home?? Remember at the beginning of this trip I shared how much I don't like to fly, well that anticipation had kicked in also:)
Ok...I just have to releax and enjoy the "Gift" right.... It's part of the journey!


My journey continues one step at a time From the top!!
Marcy


No comments:

Post a Comment