Thursday, May 21, 2015

One Step at a time!

Good Afternoon...

Springtime in the Rockies....We have seen Fires, Floods,Snow and a lot in between....One of the things we have not seen for some time, the Sun! It continues to rain, and snow, even tho in the Valley they are seeing flowers, and green grass.
That is Mountain living for you!

I am NOT complaining, I am BLESSED to call the Mountains my home and backyard...thus my Passion for the "Summit" experience!
It has now been two years since kili....Everest Base camp was on the calendar for last October 2014...due to Sherpa's lose of life, and now the earthquakes in Nepal. My heart is with the team's and the villages of Nepal, would love to make the journey... Everest base camp will stay on my Dream board, but working towards another Summit!

My "summit" right now is to actually write about my journey. I have been at the trailhead, still contemplating the hike, but just can't seem to take that first step. I can smell the tree's, fell the cool breeze rustling thru the tree's, and hear the birds in the distance, what's holding me back.......So here goes.
I have looked at the map long enough, it's time to start this journey! I am so Thankful for the encouragement from so many...we think our lives are mundane and unexciting, but we ALL have so much to share!

Hiking...

hike
hīk/
verb
gerund or present participle: hiking
  1. 1.
    walk for a long distance, especially across country or in the woods.
    "we planned to hike another mile up a steep trail"
    synonyms:walktrektramptromptrudgeslogfootslogmarchMore
  2. 2.
    pull or lift up (something, especially clothing).
    "he hiked up his sweatpants and marched to the door"
    synonyms:hitch up, pull up, hoistliftraise
    informalyank up
    "Roy hiked up his trousers"




See you at the Top!!
Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment